Don W Wright: B.A – Penn State University, Certificate from: “Institute of Integrative Nutrition” – Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, accreditation from – “International Association of Health Coaches”, post graduate education with “Edison Institute of Nutrition”
Stress, stress and more stress … day to day, in our jobs, politics, relationships etc.
So, what can you do? Here is a list to live by:
My suggestion: pick two or three of these tips, apply and use them for two weeks. See how they make you feel – rate any improvements. Then pick two or three more to add. Gradually introduce them … too many too soon – too much.
Tips To Live A Longer And Healthier Life:
1. Drink at least 8 full glasses of water per day.
2. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night and shoot for 8.
3. “Stress” is a killer. Learn to meditate, practice yoga, tai chi or take up a relaxing hobby. Control your breathing. Chronic stress can and will lead to burn out, inflammation, brain fog and disease.
4. Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables, leafy, cruciferous dark greens per day.
5. Cut back dramatically on your sugar intake.
6. Pick organic fruits and vegetables whenever possible.
7. Make sure you have a diet rich in omega 3’s … fish, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seed, egg yolks brussel sprouts …
8. Have your vitamin D levels checked. Most people are deficient in this essential vitamin. Preferable supplement D3
9. Magnesium is also an essential mineral. Most Americans are deficient. Have your level checked.
10. Maintain good dental care, brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily. Poor dental hygiene and chronic inflammation can lead to a heart attack.
11. Cut out processed, pre – packaged foods. They are loaded with hidden sugars, chemicals, preservatives, food coloring and rely heavily on GMO products.
12. Cut back on all white flour products and opt instead for “whole grains” and or even eliminate wheat and gluten from your diet. Many Americans are gluten sensitive.
13. If you smoke “STOP”!
14. Americans consume vast quantities of soda. As much as 20% of America’s extra weight we carry around is attributed to drinking sodas. Cut back or stop.
15. Eliminate artificial sweeteners from your diet to include “diet” sodas. There are numerous risks associated with their use to include neurological issues.
16. Eliminate cheap oils from your diet like corn, canola, peanut and opt instead for olive oils, avocado, coconut etc.
17. Add healthy fats to your diet. Nuts, avocado etc.
18. Use natural sweeteners such as stevia or monk fruit in place of cane sugar when possible.
19. Try baking with gluten free flours such as almond, tapioca, coconut, cassava etc. They are much healthier. Recipes abound.
20. Be sociable and examine your relationships and expand if possible. Good friends and family increase life expectancy.
21. Enjoy your career. Be careful that it is not a detriment to your health … too many long hours, shift work, low job satisfaction and too much continuous stress. Rethink a career that is always stressing you out.
22. Exercise and keep moving. Shoot for at least 30 minutes per day of moderate aerobic and weight training five days per week.
23. Seek a higher calling. Look at your spirituality. Celebrate being alive. Take time to daily recount your blessings for the good things in your life. Celebrate being alive and part of this Kingdom of God’s … in church, at home … with friends.
24. Always take time for yourself. Learn to say no. Be sure to set aside some time for yourself … every day.
25. Last – but not least … caffeine and alcohol. Listen to how your body reacts to these two substances. The simple rule of thumb is “all things in moderation.”