By: Don Wright
1. Drink at least 8 full glasses of water per day
2. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night and try to shoot for 8.
3. Stress is a killer. Learn to meditate, practice yoga, tai chi or belly breathing.
4. Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables, leafy dark greens per day.
5. Cut back and or eliminate your sugar intake.
6. Pick organic fruits and vegetables whenever possible.
7. Make sure you have a diet rich in omega 3’s … salmon – seafood and or supplement with fish or krill oil.
8. Have your vitamin D levels checked. Most people are deficient in this essential vitamin. Preferable is to take D3.
9. Magnesium is also an essential mineral. Most Americans are deficient.
10. Maintain good dental care, brushing at least twice per day and flossing daily. Poor dental hygiene leads to inflammation.
11. Cut out processed, packaged foods. They are loaded with hidden sugars, chemicals, preservatives and rely heavily on GMO products.
12. Cut back on all white flour products and opt instead for “whole grains” and or even eliminate wheat and gluten from your diet.
13. If you smoke, stop.
14. Americans consume vast amounts of soda. As much as 20% of weight is attributed to drinking sodas. Cut back or stop.
15. Eliminate artificial sweeteners from you diet to include diet sodas. There are numerous risks associated with their use to include neurological issues.
16. Eliminate cheap oils from your diet like corn, soy, peanut and instead opt for extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil and coconut oil in moderation.
17. Add healthy fats to your diet. Nuts, avocados etc.
18. Try to eliminate as much sugar from you diet as possible and substitute natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit etc.
19. Try baking with gluten free flours such as almond, tapioca, coconut, cassava etc.
20. Be sociable and examine your relationships and expand if possible.
21. Enjoy your career. Be careful that it is not a detriment to your health … to many long hours, shift work, low satisfaction and too stressful. Rethink a career that is always stressing you out.
22. Exercise and keep moving. Shoot for at least 30 minutes of moderate aerobic and strength exercises five times per week.
23. Seek a higher calling. Look to your spirituality. Celebrate being alive and part of this Kingdom of God’s in church or in meditation to connect with a greater whole.
24. Last, but not least … always take time to care for yourself. Learn to say no. Set aside time every day just for yourself.