US Army Cpl. Chris Coffland (COFF), for which CAL was started in memory of, would be stoked to know you “catch a lift,” a phrase he coined when hitting the weights, in whatever capacity you find fitness to be part of your life. He believed in fitness as the key to mental and physical growth must be a part of a person’s daily regimen.
To date CAL has given thousands of grants to OEF/OIF combat injured veterans .
CAL membership is for a lifetime. This includes the Landing Zone (full fitness and health resources) which is accessed through your private dashboard, remote access to CAL coaches, motivational support and community.
Grants that pay for fitness memberships in a variety of facilities or home equipment purchase, are for approved OEF/OIF combat injured veterans meeting specific requirements.
CAL has continued to grow at an unprecedented rate since our inception back in 2010 and in addition to new veterans applying daily, successful members like yourself request renewals of your grant daily as well. CAL is proud and honored to provide both but please note, year to year grants are not guaranteed.
To ensure that the CAL program can reach as many veterans as possible, and to reduce wait times for new & renewing members, we have launched the Pay It Forward program. Please see below for details.
For your fellow brothers and sisters…join us to Pay It Forward.
Catch A Lift Fund is calling on our current members to become CAL Ambassadors, using our Pay it Forward program to support your brothers and sisters on the wait list and helping to spread awareness for our mission. With your help, we can end the wait list, and help Catch A Lift Fund serve thousands more veterans all over the country- let’s get started!!
By using fundraising tools and ideas (that CAL can provide to you) Pay It Forward asks that as an ambassador, you meet a specific “give back” goal to help offset the cost of your continued grant. The most common and natural way is to initiate and secure a gym fundraiser at your local facility or a CrossFit Box, Spin Class, Yoga Studio etc.
To make this requirement as painless as possible, we have created the Coffland Hero Challenge Program. This program includes a simple online signup, t-shirts and easy to follow rules and instructions. 1, 2, 3… easy! Facilities are very receptive to the fundraisers, especially when presented by a successful member like yourself.
Other fundraising opportunities include Facebook Birthday Campaigns, 5k’s, local restaurant nights, merchandise sales, etc. You can be as creative as you want to be
Must secure the fundraiser type and information for their first Pay it Forward Give Back event/fundraiser by end of YEAR 2 for the following year. Fundraiser must take place in the first 6 months of the following year to be eligible to receive a renewal application.
$300 fundraising minimum required for YEAR 3 and beyond.
1) Talk to your gym or a local facility in your area about hosting a Coffland Hero Challenge. To register your gym for The Coffland Hero Challenge or get more information, please email email@example.com or visit: https://catchaliftfund.org/coffland-hero-challenge/
2) Make a Facebook birthday fundraisers or CrowdRise page for an event you may be participating in such as a 5k, Spartan Race, Go Rick etc.
3) Local school or sports team fundraisers (Lift-A-Thons, Dodgeball tournament, etc.)
4) CAL merchandise sales; If 10 of your friends by a $30 CAL T-shirt, you’ve met your give back! Visit the shop here: https://shop.catchaliftfund.org/
5) If you or another family member works for a company that matches charitable donations, talk to them about matching your Pay It Forward fundraiser to double your contribution!
6) Volunteer opportunities at CAL are also available if your personal situation prohibits you from participating in the fund raising requirement.
Get creative! If you can think of a great way to spread awareness and raise funds, we love new ideas!